Jackson County Public Schools is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer with approximately 600 employees. The Human Resources Department guides prospective employees in the hiring process and provides support to current employees. The HR Department is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- How Do I Apply For a Position with Jackson County Schools?
- How do I become a substitute teacher?
- How do I become a bus driver?
- How do I become a coach?
- Licensure Information
To apply for career opportunities, select the North Carolina School Jobs Application System link at the top of this page.
Jackson County Public Schools launched a new application system in 2016. The new North Carolina School Jobs online application system, powered by TeacherMatch, provides an innovative way to streamline the hiring process. Applicants will experience an enhanced, user friendly system when applying for positions.
Current employees interested in other positions within the school district should send email a letter of interest and current resume to email@example.com.
School bus certification training is provided free of charge for prospective applicants. Please call the Transportation Department at (828) 586-2456 to register for the next available training. Applicants will also need to complete a bus application by selecting the North Carolina School Jobs Application System link at the top of this page.
Professional Educator's Initial Licenses are intended for teachers with 0-2 years of teaching experience, and are valid for three years. To be issued a Professional Educator's Initial License, an individual must have:
- completed a state approved teacher education program from a regionally accredited college or university, or
- completed another state's approved alternative route to licensure and earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college.
- Praxis II Testing - for middle grades (6-9), secondary (9-12), and K-12 (including Exceptional Children: General Curriculum) license areas.
- Pearson Testing for North Carolina: Foundations of Reading and General Curriculum - for Elementary Education and Exceptional Children: General Curriculum licenses only.
Professional Educator's Continuing Licenses are intended for teachers with three or more years of teaching experience, and are valid for five years. Teachers who are fully licensed in another state who have three or more years of teaching experience AND who meet NC State Board of Education approved licensure exam requirements OR have National Board Certification are issued the Professional Educator's Continuing License.
For information on how to apply for a North Carolina Educator License, browse to:
- How to make changes or obtain a copy of your license
- License renewal responsibility
- Renewal Guidelines
- K-8 Teachers
- All Other Educators
The Jackson County Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, disability, gender, creed, national origin or political affiliation. Assignments are made in accordance with the need of the school system and are subject to change.