Middle School Information
The information below is a collection of survey and study data related to consideration of a grades 6-8 middle school model for Jackson County Public Schools. Inquiries about any of the information on this page should be made to the superintendent's office.
In 2018, the Jackson County Board of Education directed Cort Architectural Group to study alternative proposals for JCPS facilities. The results of the study were presented in this presentation on July 16, 2018.
In October 2018, an online survey was conducted to gauge community interest in adopting a middle school model for JCPS. There were 914 respondents. The results of the survey are below.
- 1. Do you want a grades 6-8 middle school in Jackson County?
- 2. Do you want this school built on a new site?
- 3. Will you vote for a bond to pay for the land?
- 4. Will you vote for a bond to pay for the new school building?
- 5. Will you volunteer, support, advocate, canvas, and work for a bond referendum?
In February 2020, the Jackson County Board of Education held a public work session that included an overview of funding sources for education. The information discussed is included in these slides.