Mission & Values
ENGAGE ➨ ENLIGHTEN ➨ ENRICH
Our mission is to engage, enlighten, and enrich the students of Jackson County.
We create opportunities for relevant, authentic, and meaningful learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom. Our students connect knowledge to the real world and build friendships that last a lifetime.
We believe every child can learn, achieve, and be successful in life. We also believe the foundation for success is knowledge. Our highly-qualified faculty consists of trained and licensed professional educators who passionately work for the good of every student.
Authentic learning involves thinking, exploring, evaluating, and creating. Our students have a wealth of opportunities to apply their knowledge and develop the skills they need to become leaders, decision-makers, and lifelong learners.
- Every child can learn and achieve.
- Effective administrators, teachers, and staff advocate, nurture, and sustain a school culture and instructional program that is conducive to student learning and professional growth.
- Providing the North Carolina Standard Course of Study in all curricular areas at each grade level will maintain high standards and expectations for all.
- Encouraging a variety of instructional approaches will meet the diverse learning styles of individual students.
- Each student should be respected and have equal access and opportunity to learn.
- Providing a supportive environment in which students, teachers, and staff are successful develops a sense of self-worth and confidence.
- A partnership with parents and the community is essential.
One of the hallmarks of growing up in a small community is the unique feeling of family and the concern for others that is shared by friends, neighbors, acquaintances, and co-workers. Jackson County Public Schools embraces that culture and applies those values in the way we treat people and care for them.
Our greatest concern is the health and well-being of the young lives who are entrusted to us each day. It is a responsibility that we do not take lightly. We have no higher priority than the safety and security of our students.
We also understand that every point of contact with a student is an opportunity to smile and be a positive influence in their life. The impact of the interactions we have with students and the lessons that are taught at school extend well beyond the walls of a classroom. They are life-changing encounters that can shape the future of individual lives as well as our school family and our community at large.